THE ‘STANDARD CHARTERED TROPHY’ CONCEPT:
The ‘Standard Chartered Trophy…Road to Anfield 2020’ is an international 5-a-side football tournament comprising:
- City-wise regional rounds within the country
- A finals qualification tournament which takes place at the end of the regionals in that country
- The ‘Finals’ tournament at Anfield Stadium in Liverpool, UK in May 2020
Team Requirements / criteria
- A team of 7 people, including goalkeeper and substitutes
- All players must be amateur, no professional / semi-professional players are permitted. This is defined as anyone that has received a payment for playing football in the last 5 years
- No gender restrictions, however it should be noted that there will be no separate categories according to gender, age or ability
- All participants must be over the age of 18 years as on 16th February 2020
- All players must be full time employees of the participating company
- Only 1 team from a particular company will be allowed to participate in the tournament in each city. Subsidiaries of conglomerates will be considered as separate entities. In case of multiple team registrations from the same company in a particular city, the respective company will need to decide the team that finally participates in the tournament and communicate the same to the dedicated Standard Chartered corporate Relationship Manager at least 7 days before the tournament.
- It is mandatory to have a valid passport while applying to participate in the tournament. These details must be furnished for all 7 members at the time of team registration. Standard Chartered Bank reserves the right to participation.
- Players must carry a company photo ID on the day of the tournament for verification. In case of no photo ID proof shown, the player will not be allowed to participate in the tournament
- Only the 7 registered players are allowed to participate in the tournament. Should there be an injury to any player or a player is not available to play at any given point in time during the course of the tournament, no replacement will be allowed
- Any team caught trying to change players in between the tournament leg, will be disqualified from the tournament
- All participants should have passports with a minimum validity of 6 months from 1st May 2020 i.e. at least till December 2020. Players must be eligible to travel to the UK. Visas etc are the responsibility of the participants. Please check local timelines for visas and consider these timelines
- In case there are less than 2 months from the time of Visa application till the expected date of travel, it is mandatory for the winning team to apply for a Priority Visa. In a situation where this is not followed, the runner up team will automatically be eligible to travel to Anfield in their place. The winning team must confirm the type of Visa application to Standard Chartered at least 1 month prior to the expected date of travel.
- In case a player/s from the regional winning team is/are unable to make it to the national finals due to injury or any other personal reason, no replacement will be allowed
- In case a player/s from the national winning team is/are unable to make it to Anfield for the finals due to injury or any other personal reason, the team will need to play with the existing members and no replacement will be allowed
- It is mandatory for all participating teams to wear only the jerseys provided by the tournament organizers on the day of the tournament. Not doing so can result in disqualification from the tournament
- All decisions taken by the referee during the course of the game are final